* What is a Hybrid Conference?
A hybrid conference is an event that combines both in-person and virtual elements, allowing participants to engage either face-to-face at a physical location or remotely through digital platforms. This format offers flexibility, accommodating those who can attend in person while also including those who, due to geographical, health, or other constraints, prefer or need to participate online. As a result, hybrid conferences can reach a wider audience and provide diverse ways of interaction, merging the traditional conference experience with the advantages of digital accessibility.
*Is the conference of this year going to be held online or in person?
The conference this year is going to be held in a hybrid format, meaning both online and in-person options will be available for participants. Attendees can choose to either join face-to-face at the physical location or remotely through digital platforms.
*Where will the venue of the conference be for in-person presentations?
The venue for in-person presentations at the conference will be at Alanya University, Alanya, Antalya, Turkey.
*Will this year’s conference be held just online via Zoom or face-to-face in Istanbul?
The conference will be in a hybrid model, which means both options will be available. You can decide to come to the conference to give your presentation face-to-face, or you will have also a chance to deliver your presentation online.
* Is there a preferred topic and duration for the conference?
Please find the conference scope and Sub-Sessions from here: https://iccaua.com/page/home
* What is the difference between an In-person presentation and an online presentation at a conference?
In-person and online presentations at a conference differ in several key ways:
Both in-person and online presentations have their own unique advantages and disadvantages, and the best format depends on the goals of the conference, the preferences of the attendees, and the budget and resources available.
* If we decline to submit the paper to the suggested journal, will it still be included in the conference proceedings?
By choosing not to publish in the suggested journal, your paper will be automatically published in the conference's full book proceedings of the conference also ICCAUA conference's journal proceedings. See the journal of the conference from here
* If your committee chooses our article for publication in a book chapter or any of your sponsored journals, would I be allowed to change the journal to my preferred journal?"
Unfortunately, no. The reason your article was selected for a specific journal or book chapter is that the editor of that particular publication expressed interest in your article. As a result, we cannot alter the decision and change the journal name.
* If the publication is rejected by the journal, what will be the fate of our written paper? If your paper is rejected (with a probability of 4 percent, as per our experience), it will be automatically published in both the conference's full book proceedings and also ICCAUA conference's journal proceedings. See the journal of the conference from here
*After the full texts, we have sent are published as Proceedings, how will they be published in the specified journals?
Till the conference day, we will just publish the conference Abstract book proceedings. A day after the conference editors will select the articles for their own journals ( it may take two weeks) then we will publish the remaining full papers of the conference in the conference's full book proceedings. This is the best professional strategy to publish articles in scientific journals.
* I was wondering if I agree to accept my paper to be reviewed and published in the journal of X and withdraw it from publishing in the conference proceedings book, will there be any chance my paper be rejected after their 'reviewing process'?
if you agree to accept your paper to be reviewed and published in our journal and subsequently withdraw it from publishing in the conference proceedings book, the chances of your paper being rejected after our reviewing process in the journal are very low. Our reviewing process is designed to ensure quality and relevance, and once your paper has been accepted, it is highly likely to be published in our journal. However, in the unlikely event that your paper does not meet the specific criteria or guidelines during our reviewing process, and if we are unable to proceed with its publication in our journal, we will make sure that your article is included in the conference full book proceedings as originally planned.
* If I wish to choose for publication of my paper with one of the publishing partners (Journal) that you have mentioned on the conference website, then what is the process?
If you wish to opt for publication of your paper with one of the publishing partners mentioned on the conference website, the process typically involves a few steps based on the provided information:
* If I select to go for one of the publishing partners (Journals or book chapters), then what is the paper publication in the conference proceedings handled?
If you opt to publish your paper with one of the conference's publishing partners and withdraw it from the conference's full book proceedings, a form will be sent to you to confirm and accept this exclusion. In this case, your paper will undergo a review process for publication in the chosen journal or book chapter, and upon acceptance, it will not be included in the conference's full book proceedings, as your agreement to the exclusion will be confirmed through the form you receive and submit.
*Time to finalize the registration process: According to the policy of our conference you can register directly as soon as you receive your preliminary acceptance letter.
* If I have submitted 2 papers, do I have to pay and register for one ticket or two for each article?
For two articles there is no discount. You may need to register twice. If you have submitted three papers, the third one may be eligible for a discount.
* We are three authors (in one article) . Do we have to pay and register for one ticket or three?
Regardless of the number of authors in one article, you need to register just one per each article.
* I submitted two abstracts and all received the acceptance letter. should I buy two tickets or one?
For two articles there is no discount. But if you had the article, the third one will receive 50 percent discount.
* We want to know how to complete our registration for the conference and how to pay the registration fees.
You may use the following link to start the registration process. https://iccaua.com/page/registration-fee
*I think this preliminary acceptance letter is just for my abstract. But, I want to publish the full text in the conference full book proceedings. If I pay the fee and register now, is there also the possibility that only the abstract will be published? or my full paper will also be published?
Your registration upon the preliminary acceptance letter of your abstract will guarantee that your full paper will be published in both conference full book proceedings as well as your abstract in the abstract book proceedings. During the process, our editorial team will support you in case of see any problems with your full paper.
*Our abstract received a “preliminary acceptance letter”. However, we could not see our name in the list of “finalized registered authors list”.
After receiving the “preliminary acceptance letter” from us, you may need to finalize your registration and payment process. Then we will add your name to our list and website in our next update.
*Do we have to pay the fee before the full text is approved?
Yes, our policy is working like that. We are checking the abstract to see whether the methodology, title and outcome of your study are working or not. If yes, we are not waiting for the full paper to be received due to the matter of time. During the publication of the full book proceedings, we will let you know if there is any other problem to solve.
* We are 3 authors and all of us would like to join in person in the conference so do we pay for the registration once or each separately? Or is there a separate “visitor ticket”?
You may need to register just one time per each manuscript ID. The number of authors does not affect the registration fee. Just be aware that from our organization's point of view to hold the conference smoothly with this one registration fee there will be a possibility for one person from your team to participate face-to-face during the conference day (there is no limit for online participation). It means that there will be a “visitor ticket”. If you are three authors in one article, the other two co-authors will pay a "participation fee" by the time you register for your manuscript. The “visitor ticket” for this conference is 20 euros.
*Do we have to pay the fee before the full text is approved?
Any time after two anonymous reviewers of our conference approve the originality of your abstract, you will be able to register and pay the registration fee. So, the answer is yes.
*We want to pay and register as a student for the congress. How can we pay?
Please see the following link in order to finalize your payment.
in case of cancellation
*Up to 30 days before the conference, we will be able to refund 50% of the registration fee (Please, note that all the transaction costs are taken from the canceller’s refund balance).
*Less than 29 days before the conference, we will not be able to refund the registration fee.
*The paper should not exceed more than 8000 words.
*Will I send a fee if the abstract is accepted?
Yes, please check also the deadline for registration from :
*Will you send any information or e-mail regarding registration time and acceptance?
Please find the early bird registration timing here:
* My abstract was accepted. Is it possible to participate in the conference without a registration fee?
In order to proceed with your article for publication, you need to register.
* My article has two researchers what will be the amount that I should pay?
Regardless of the number of authors in one article, you need to register just one.
*Don't I need to register somewhere first?
If you receive an acceptance letter for your abstract from our organizing centre, you need to register for the conference. https://iccaua.com/page/registration-fee
*I have sent two proposals for papers with different co-authors. I would like to know if I only pay for one registration or if each first author of the paper should also register for the event?
For the two articles, we don't have a discount policy. it means that even if the first author of the two articles were the same we can not apply for the discount. If you have 3 articles with the same first author your third one will receive 50 percent discount.
*Since three individuals are involved in the paper and one person will be presenting at the conference on behalf of three members, can we register that individual only?
Yes. The number of authors does not affect the registration fee. You would register just one time for one article even if you were 3 or 4 authors in one paper.
* I wanted to ask you about the author and co-author payment limitations. If I have paid for a paper presentation as a co-author, can I present another paper as an author? And vice versa?
It is possible for you to present both articles as long as your name appears in both of them and you have already completed the registration process. please keep in mind that based on our policy at least one author per article should participate to present on behalf of the other co-authors.
- If participants register this year, are they eligible to submit papers for the subsequent ICCAUA conference in the upcoming years as well?
If participants register for this year's ICCAUA conference, their registration fee applies only for the current year. While we allow postponing participation to the next year, please note that the fee covers only one article per year. Thus, submitting papers in the upcoming years requires a new registration.
- Would you please give me some information on the associated costs for paper publication, and whether there are any supplementary fees beyond registration and publishing?
Your registration fee for the ICCAUA conference includes all publication costs for your article in both the abstract book proceedings and the full paper proceedings and participation in the conference. From the following link, you may see how we will spend the registration fee.
* Do the Full paper submission is mandatory if I don't want it to be published?
Submitting the full paper is not a requirement for participation in the conference. Since the conference aims to disseminate the study's findings through presentations, the submission of the full paper is not mandatory. Authors have the freedom to decide whether or not to publish their full paper with us.
* Will accepted papers for oral presentation be published as full papers?
Yes, in case we receive the full paper based on the given deadline, all the abstracts which have acceptance letters for oral presentation will be published in their full paper as well.
*How many pages must be the full paper?
As long as you respect the maximum allowed word count of your article which is 7000 words, page numbers will not be important for us.
Would I be able to submit an abstract and then once accepted, I submit the full paper?
How/when will I be able to access Google Classroom to submit my full paper?
one month before the conference date we will open Google Classroom. So you will be able to submit your full paper directly to Google Classroom.
For more info please see:
*When will the full texts be approved by the referees?
The full papers will go through the editorial board to prepare them for publication. They will review your paper and in case if there are any specific problems regarding formatting issues they will contact, with you. Normally the abstract books will be released a week before the conference date and full papers will be released one month after the conference.
*How many pages and words does our evaluation need?
please see the following link in order to check the "paper guidelines”.
*Since our subject is a bit detailed, would it be a problem if it exceeds the limits?
There is no problem in case it is required you may increase it up to 6000-8000 words. Including all references).
*Which of the oral presentations or internet-based presentations will be written in the conference participation document?
As in our previous email due to this extraordinary situation coming from coronavirus, we are able to write an “oral presentation”.
Note: For Oral Presentation, it is required you to prepare a PowerPoint presentation (based on the paper that has been accepted for presentation). Your presentation should be a maximum of 10 minutes.
Note: The number of authors does not affect the registration fee. You would pay just one time for one Article even if you were 3 or 4 authors in one paper.
Note: There is a possibility for a virtual presentation for the one who is not able for an oral presentation. In this case, there will not be any discrimination in the process of selecting manuscripts for publication in the journals and the conference proceedings will be sent to your postal and email addresses.
Note: You can add Co-authors to your article if they have already contributed to the development of the study (from both theoretical and methodological points of view).
Note: The authors who would like to get stamped invoices, need to first register online. After online reregistration, the system automatically will send you an official invoice, please forward the given invoice to us. Accordingly, we will be able to stamp the invoice for your administrative concerns.
*Even if you are three or four authors in one paper it is required to pay just one registration fee.
* It was stated as not mandatory to submit full text for the conference, but it seems to be mandatory in the confirmation letter that came to the paper I sent. Can I participate without a full-text paper?
Yes, you can. According to the international rules developed by the Ministry of Education of each country participation with just publishing your abstract and presentation on your abstract will receive academic points.
*Will all abstracts accepted for oral presentation be published in full text?
Yes, all the abstracts accepted for oral presentation be published in full text in the abstract proceeding book. If your article is selected for publication in the journals and if you accept to publish it in that journal it will be excluded from the conference full book proceedings to keep the originality of your work. But any both circumstances at least your abstract will be published in the conference abstract book proceedings.
*Why I am not able to send the full paper to you anytime as I wish?- You have already accepted my abstract for publication in the conference book.
Our conference, like many other international conferences, operates on an abstract-based acceptance-registration system. We recognize that authors may prefer to participate with just an abstract and a presentation of their findings, and we respect this choice. Therefore, we do not mandate the submission of full papers directly. Your full paper will definitely be considered for publication at our conference, considering the fact that your abstract has already been accepted for publication (if you registered already). Should it require any revisions, we will inform you promptly once the submission platform for full papers opens and you successfully submit to that platform.
* Is it possible to make the presentation with PowerPoint?
* we are required to bring our own laptop to the venue of the conference or just a USB flash drive is enough?
No need to bring a laptop with you, our event place will provide the necessary tools to ensure that you will be able to present successfully. Just put your presentation in both pdf and PowerPoint format on your USB and bring it to the venue.
* Can I provide the organizers with a USB containing the presentation?
Yes, providing a USB with your presentation is the best option on the conference day. This ensures that you have a backup of your presentation and helps facilitate smooth transitions between speakers.
* I am attending this conference face to face (in-person - I will be in the conference venue), do I still need to upload a presentation video?
No. Since you will present your full paper face to face (maximum 10 minutes), no need to prepare any video.
* Can I prepare a PowerPoint presentation for the in-person conference?
Yes. In-person presenters will also have 10 minutes of assigned time to present at the conference venue, so you can definitely prepare a PowerPoint presentation. Make sure to bring your presentation on USB with you. We are not responsible for collecting presentations during the in-person event.
* Shall I bring my own laptop?
No need to bring your own laptop, as we will set up the required infrastructure to run the conference smoothly. We'll provide the necessary equipment for presentations. Just make sure to bring your presentation in USB.
* As for the in-person presentations, how will the presentations take place for authors registered in the gallery?
The conference organizers will schedule presentations in designated time slots, usually based on the thematic grouping of the papers. The schedule will be shared with the authors well in advance, allowing them to prepare and plan accordingly. Powerpoint Presentations typically last for a predetermined amount of time, 10 minutes, followed by a Q&A session. Authors are expected to give a concise overview of their work, including the research question, methodology, results, and implications. It is essential to adhere to the time limit to ensure a smooth conference schedule.
* For Online or in-person presentation what kind of content should be provided in my online powerpoint presentation of my full paper?
It is important to ensure that your presentation is clear, concise, and engaging. Use visuals to support your points and avoid using too much text on each slide. Practice your presentation ahead of time to ensure that you can deliver it confidently and effectively. For PowerPoint presentation of your full paper at this conference, you should consider including the following content:
* We would like to confirm if we will present live or if you will play the YouTube link of our presentation?
During the conference, we will play the video for your session. However, it is essential that you are available during your allocated session based on the program we will share with you. This will ensure that you are ready to answer any questions that may arise from the authors and the session chair.
* I submitted my video recording link to the classroom yesterday. Do I need to mail it again? How it would be confirmed that you received it?
Please see the below link to follow the instructions. As soon as you “turned in” the file you will see the status of your file change to “Unsubmit” your file. It means that you have submitted it successfully. So no need to do any action. We will also be able to see and download from our system. How to upload your recorded video to Google Class? Please see the video from here
* Will the video on YouTube be for public view? Because I wish not to have the video circulating on the web.
Please be aware that in YouTube there is an option to make your video private. Make your presentation private so that only the ones you share the link with will be able to view it. After the conference, you can remove the video link from your YouTube channel so that it will not circulate on the web.
*What do you expect from the video presentation? Are you expecting a full paper presentation or only a definition of the abstract?
It should be the full paper presentation including all the important parts of your studies such as: aim objectives, problems methodologies discussion and conclusions of your work.
* Do we have to send you the PowerPoint presentations we have prepared?
No. We need just the YouTube video of your presentation. Authors should submit a YouTube link to their presentation based on the following instructions. Please see the instructions here
* Does the lecture include a Q&A session or a panel discussion?
After your presentation, there will be a Q&A session.
* Can I submit an unfinished presentation to classroom assignment B before the deadline to be edited later?
No. You may edit your file in Google Classroom anytime you wish. However after the deadline, the authors are not allowed to add or remove any file from Google Classroom.
* As a co-author, would I have the e-certificate even if it is only the first author who makes the presentation and pays the online presentation fees?
Yes, all the names of authors who participate in the conference online will be included in the certificate of participation
The exact program of the conference for this year will be sent to you two weeks before the conference. To be able to understand the overall structure of the program please see our previous year’s program such as ICCAUA2021:
and ICCAUA2020 Program:
-If the jury members approve that the quality of your abstract suits the aim and objectives of the conference, a Preliminary acceptance letter will be sent to you maximum within three weeks of receiving your abstract.
Final Acceptance Letter: You will receive your final acceptance. On the last day of the conference.
* The letter of acceptance I received says " Provisional". Is this because the payment was not made?
Yes. After your payment, the status of your acceptance will change to Final. We will send the final acceptance letter to all the authors a week before the conference.
Note: On the 5th of each month after registration, you will see your name and the title of your manuscript on our website. Due to the workload we have nowadays, we will send you the “final acceptance letter approximately a week before the conference. So, our suggestion is to make sure to register based on the assigned deadline so we will be able to proceed with your final acceptance letter smoothly. See: https://iccaua.com/page/important-dates
* What are the requirements for obtaining a final acceptance letter?
If your abstract is approved, you will receive a preliminary acceptance letter. Upon registering, based on the information provided in your preliminary acceptance letter, you will be entitled to receive the final acceptance letter.
* Is there a specific timeline for receiving the final acceptance letter?
Once you have registered, you will be eligible to receive the final acceptance letter. Typically, due to workload, the final acceptance letter will be released the day after the conference.
* Is the final acceptance letter issued after the final paper is submitted?
It is not necessary for authors to submit their full papers to participate and present at the conference. Therefore, the final acceptance letter can be released based on your abstract, as per our national and international rules.
* Don’t you think we need to have our full paper accepted before registration?
It's common for numerous international conferences to require registration fees before receiving the full paper. This policy is in place because presenting abstracts is often sufficient for academic promotion, and it's also in line with the guidelines of many national ministries of education.
*Will the three of us get different conference certificates or only one certificate will be issued containing our three names?
There will be just one digital certificate including all the authors’ names.
* Abstract book proceedings
Abstract book proceedings will be sent to you by e-mail one week before the conference.
* Full Book proceeding
- Full Book proceedings will be sent to you by e-mail two weeks after the conference.
* Certificate of Attendance
A certificate of attendance will be sent to you by e-mail after the conference.
* Certificate of Participation
The certificate of participation will be sent to you by e-mail after the conference.
*What format and criteria should we follow when crafting our abstract?
Please refer to the provided link for a comprehensive overview of the abstract structure and guidelines. https://iccaua.com/page/paper-guidelines
*Will just the publication and presentation of an abstract in your conference bring academic points from promotion?
Yes. If you don’t have time to finalize your full paper until two weeks after the conference, you can still participate in the conference to get your certificate of participation and presentation with just your abstract which according to the Ministry of education of each country it could be considered officially for your academic promotion.
* I also wanted to ask if it is possible to swap the first and second authors in an abstract I have submitted. Can I also add another author for the final paper submission?
Please feel free to update your abstract and send the revised file back to me along with the manuscript number. I will make the necessary changes by replacing the old version of your abstract.
* I want to ask you if I do not submit the full paper, can only the abstract be published in abstract book with ISBN number?
if you choose not to submit a full paper, your abstract will still be published in our conference abstract book, which comes with an ISBN number. Additionally, you will receive a certificate of participation and presentation. It is entirely up to you whether you wish to submit a full paper or not. Presenting your study based solely on your abstract is perfectly acceptable. Your contribution will be recognized on our conference website, in the conference abstract book, and through the certificate you will receive.
* Is it obligated to send the full paper?
it is not obligatory to send a full paper to this conference. You have the flexibility to present just a part of your study. Regardless of whether you submit a full paper or not, you will still receive your certificate of participation. Additionally, your abstract will be published in the conference abstract book.
* I made an error when entering my co-authors' names during the submission process. Is there a way for me to correct this information at this point?
Kindly update your abstract as desired and return it to me. I'll ensure it replaces the earlier version you provided.
* My level of English is very average, it will be possible for me to do the text and the 10 min video, but is it possible to have someone for the translation (English/French or Arabic) during face-to-face discussions? Because I may find it difficult to clearly express my answers to any questions on the day of the conference.
Yes, if it is an online presentation, you will have a chance to bring a translator to support you online during the meeting. But if you would like to participate face-to-face in our conference venue you may need to register your translator as an extra participant. The reason is that per each article one author is allowed to present in the venue. For the other coauthors or guests, you may need to register them as normal participants.
* Is there any support (housing) for the participants by the organizer of the conference?
No, at this moment we are not providing accommodation for the authors. But we will be able to let you know some hotels with convenient prices.
* How will you broadcast this (online) event? Is it publicly accessible or only for attendees?
It will be publicly available. See our previous year’s conference program. In the program, you may find the presentation discussion and video in this regard.
* What is the size and composition of your audience (professionals, students, developers, government officials etc.)?
* How will you make notice of this event, will there be press coverage?
There will be national and international media coverage.
* Do you cover travel expenses (transport and accommodation)?
* Do you offer an honorarium?
* I wonder if my paper is selected to be recommended to a journal and if it is accepted, will I also pay them an APC or any fee?
If your paper is selected for recommendation to a journal and subsequently accepted for publication, it is common practice for an Article Processing Charge (APC) or similar fee to be applicable, depending on each journal's publication policy. Some journals have a publication fee, but others do not. Please check the journal's website directly to be sure about the publication fee.
* Will you be able to provide the acceptance letter mentioning the journal where the papers are going to get published as the university will then only allow us to participate in the conference?
The journal's selection procedure will take place following the conference. Each journal's editorial team will independently determine the acceptance of any article, based on the article's quality.
* The peer review process whether will happen before or after the conference.
Your article will undergo an initial pre-review for acceptance to be published in the conference. Should your article be selected for any journal, it will then be subject to a further pre-review by the journal's review team.
* How long will the publication take?
The full book proceedings of the conference will be published within one month after its conclusion. As for journal publication, the timeline varies entirely based on the specific review process of each journal, which may range from 3 to 6 months.
* If I already have topic abstract acceptance with your conference, is it possible to apply for another topic within your conference?
You can submit up to a maximum of three abstracts under your name. This allows for a broader representation of your research and interests at the conference.
* If I choose to present an in-person presentation, what are the accommodation conditions?
authors who choose to present in person, the conference does not provide accommodation. The responsibility for arranging accommodation lies solely with the authors.
* What happens if I submit my paper after the conference date? Will it be considered for publication in any books or in any other mediums?
We typically accept full papers until the day of the conference. However, should you need more time, inform us and we might extend your deadline up to two weeks after the event. If you can't submit by the conference day, you can still present your ideas. For submissions beyond the two-week extension, we can reserve a spot for you in our next conference and include your study there free of charge, considering your fee has been paid.
* I'm not an academic, can I still submit my paper for consideration?
Absolutely, non-academics are encouraged to submit their papers for consideration. Given the multidisciplinary nature of this conference, your professional experience in architecture and urbanism is highly valued. We believe that insights from expert architects and urban designers actively working in the field are invaluable. Sharing your real-world experiences provides a crucial perspective and helps bridge the gap between academic research and practical application, ensuring that academicians stay informed about current industry practices and innovations.
* Does the conference accept panel proposals focused on specific themes?
Yes, the conference is indeed accepting panel proposals focused on specific themes. We believe that curated panels can provide profound insights and foster engaging discussions among participants. Please send us your proposal at your earliest convenience, so we can review it and, upon approval, announce it on our website.
* Can we submit the full paper if the abstract is accepted?
Upon receiving the acceptance notification for your abstract, you are welcome to proceed with the submission of your full paper by adhering to the specified deadline and submission guidelines outlined on the conference website.
* If the full abstract is accepted, can we publish it in the proceeding, or is this option only for the full paper submission?
Once your abstract is accepted and you've completed the registration process, your abstract will be included in the conference's Full book proceedings. You have the option to present your research based solely on your abstract; however, if you choose to submit your full paper, it will be published in the conference proceedings and also in the conference's journal. See: https://journal.iccaua.com/index.php/jiccaua
Furthermore, should your paper meet the requisite quality and standards, it may be considered for publication in other internationally recognized journals sponsored by the conference.
* Is this proceeding indexed in Scopus or Google Scholar?
Yes. The conference's full book proceedings, which are published in the associated conference journal, are indexed in Google Scholar and Crossref. See: https://journal.iccaua.com/index.php/jiccaua
* How many members can be authors on one paper?
Your paper can include up to eight co-authors. The decision on the number of co-authors should be based on the research's quality and the methodology employed.